The policy provides for payment of compensation in the event of accidents leading to death or disablement of the insured person. The disablement may be of permanent total or permanent partial or temporarily total in nature. This policy can be issued to persons in the age group of 5 years to 70 years and can be extended to cover persons beyond the age of 70 years and upto 80 years on payment of suitable additional premium. The cover provided is worldwide.
Policy also provides for reimbursement of expenses incurred for carriage of dead body and education grant for children ( up to a maximum of two children) of the primary insured person, subject to terms and limits.
This policy can be extended to cover actual medical expenses arising out of the accident up to an amount not exceeding 40% of the compensation paid in settlement of a valid claim under this Policy or 20% of the relevant Capital Sum Insured whichever is less, on payment of 20% of extra premium.
Personal Accident Insurance does not covers.
The policy will not compensate for death or disablement due to
- Pregnancy or related consequence.
- Intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide.
- Influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs.
- Whilst engaging in aviation or ballooning whilst mounting into, dismounting from or travelling in any aircraft or balloon other t han as a passenger.
- Venereal diseases, AIDS or insanity.
- Insured committing any breach of law with 0 r without criminal intent.
- War and nuclear perils.