Householder’s Package Insurance Policy
This is a package policy of various sections which covers household / domestic property including items of property therein for which an householder is accountable and / or legally liable.
Scope of Householder’s Package Insurance Policy
- Covers the house and contents in house against Fire & Allied Perils. Coverage for contents under this Section is compulsory.
- Covers contents in house against burglary, housebreaking, theft and larceny. Damage to house and/or safe due to burglary and/or housebreaking or any attempt thereat is also covered subject to a maximum of 5% of the sum insured.
- Covers jewellery and valuables against loss or damage due to accident or misfortune whilst anywhere in India.
- Covers all domestic, electrical and mechanical appliances (other than Air- conditioners which can be covered at extra premium subject to special terms)in the house against mechanical and/or electrical breakdown. The sum insured will be equal to the current new replacement cost.
- Provides all risks cover for personal computers (including accessories and printer) in the house. The sum insured shall be equal to the cost of replacement by a new item of the same kind and capacity.
- Provides all risks cover for TV/VCR/VCP/CD/DVD player in the house. The sum insured shall be .equal to the cost of replacement by a new item of the same kind and capacity.
- Covers loss or damage to fixed plate glass, frames or framework (including lettering consequent upon breakage of glass) due \ to accidental breakage. The sum insured should be equal to the current new replacement value.
- Covers loss of personal baggage of the householder and that of his/her family members due to accident during any journey undertaken in India outside the city.
- Covers loss of or damage to pedal cycles .due to fire & allied perils, burglary, housebreaking, theft and earthquake.
- Provides for compensation towards accidental injury/death covering the householder and family members (aged between 5 to 70 years).
- Covers legal liability to domestic servants under Fatal Accidents.
- Covers legal liability to pay compensation to third parties in accordance with Indian Law.