This policy can be taken by any business organisation/establishment whose property is exposed to risk of burglary; one who is-liable for goods in trust/commission; one who is liable to make good damage to premises. The policy covers the property against loss/damage by Burglary/House breaking.
Burglary and Housebreaking Policy Covers
- Property contained in a business premises owned by the Insured like stocks, furniture etc.
- Stocks held in trust/commission and for which the Insured is responsible if specifically insured.
- Damage_to premises by burglars (which one has to make good).
- Cash, valuables, securities kept in a locked safe or cash box in locked steel cupboard if specifically covered.
Burglary and Housebreaking Policy does not Cover
- Jewellery, curios, title deeds, business books unless specifically insured.
- Loss due to shop lifting” acts involving insured/
his family members / employee.
- War perils, Riot & Strike ( covered by payment of additional premium), Acts of God, Nuclear perils.
- Loss by abstraction from a safe using a key or duplicate key, unless key is obtained by violence or threat.